Any negative emotion and thought, if not channeled appropriately, could lead you into the dark.
This dark place is where negativity, irrational fears, worries, and all the demons lurk. Too much stress and overthinking will lead you there.
The more you spend time in that place, the more you become a coward — because it elevates every atom of your fears and worries, making you believe they’re all true.
Soon you’ll become depressed and anxious and worse, crazy.
While it’s inevitable to not experience the dark, it’s possible to escape from it.
If you’re reading this and you’re in that dark place, remember, just turn on the light.
Turning on the light could mean:
- Taming your thoughts by meditating or praying.
- Calling a loved one or a trusted friend to share your feelings.
- Getting some sunlight.
- Exercising. Eating healthy food. Prioritizing self-care.
- Getting busy creating something.
- Doing something new or fun or exciting!
- Using the happiness formula.
And once you turn on the light, it might surprise you to know that… you’re not alone.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. — J.K. Rowling